Aldo is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity andindependence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meetingthe needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing andremoving barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibilityfor Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Aldo will communicate with all persons with disabilities in a manner that takes into account theirdisability. Any training conducted in respect of providing customer service will reaffirm theimportance of this principle.
- Individuals will be trained on how to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disability; how to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistivedevice or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person; how to useequipment or devices available on Aldo's premises or otherwise provided by Aldo that mayhelp with the provision of goods or services to a person with a disability; and what to do ifa person with a particular type of disability is having difficulty accessing Aldo's goods orservices.
- Records of training will be kept.
Aldo is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergencyinformation in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilitieswith individualized emergency response information when necessary.
- Current employees, volunteers and other staff will be trained and re-trained in accordance with the above with respect to any changes in policy or updates and as required.
- New employees, volunteers and other staff, including part time and seasonal employees, will be trained as soon as practicable when they start employment.
- Records of all training and re-training will be kept.
Aldo is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We willconsult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
- Aldo will provide text alternatives including large print, and create content that can be viewed in alternate forms without losing content.
- Aldo will provide content in a manner that is readable and understandable, with clear page titles. Readers will be provided with sufficient time to read content.
- Aldo will ensure that content is not presented in a way that would cause seizures.
- Aldo will develop its web pages to appear and operate in a predictable and easy-to-function, accessible manner, that is compatible with multiple platforms.
- Captions will be provided for pre-recorded audio and media content, except where inapplicable. Volume for audio or recorded media that plays longer than 3 seconds can bepaused or volume can be controlled separately from the overall system volume.
- Colour will be used in a manner that takes accessibility into account and will not be the only visual means of conveying information.
- Aldo will ensure that all third party website developers it engages (if applicable) understand and agree to conform with WCAG 2.0 Level A.
- Aldo receives feedback in store, through online forms and online live-chat, and by telephone, e-mail, or letter mail.
- Aldo will continue to receive and respond to feedback from employees, customers, visitors, and other third parties who have a disability in the appropriate manner, such as byletter, live-chat, e-mail, or telephone.
- All feedback will be directed to the appropriate person or department and will be responded to within 30 days.
- By January 1, 2016, and upon request, Aldo will provide or arrange for accessible formats and communication supports that suit for persons with a disability, at no extra cost and ina timely manner. Requesting persons will be consulted as to the suitability of anaccessible format or communication support.
- By January 1, 2016, Aldo will notify the public about the availability of accessible formats and communication supports.
- By January 1, 2016, Aldo will notify members of the public, via its website, that all communications will be provided in an accessible format or through the use ofcommunications supports.
- This public notification will advise that Aldo will consult with the person making the request as to the most appropriate manner of providing accessible information.
- Adding captions and audio descriptions to media
- Permitting text to be resized up to 200% without loss of content or functionality
- Making menus available at the same location across web pages
- Ensuring that icons and buttons are consistently identifiable
- Implementing techniques to reduce the risk of unintentional input data
- Ensuring that visual presentation of text and images has sufficient contrast
- Provide multiple ways to locate a web page within a set of web pages, unless theoweb page is a step in a process, and make information available about the user'slocation in a set of web pages.
By January 1, 2021, Aldo will work directly with its internal and external web-developers to ensure they meet the WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards on websites moving forward.Included among the measures that will be taken are:
Aldo is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will meet the followingcommitments by January 1, 2016 and on an ongoing basis thereafter.
- Aldo will notify job applicants and members of the public about the availability of accommodation for applicants with disabilities on its application forms, including on-lineapplication forms.
- Should Aldo require a job applicant to submit to testing or assessment, the applicant will be advised that accommodation will be made available, if required, in respect of thematerials or processes used. The method of accommodation will be determined inconsultation with the job applicant.
- New hires will be notified of Aldo's policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
- Aldo will advise all of its employees of its existing policies used to support employees with disabilities, including those related to job accommodations.
- Updates to policies related to accommodation of persons with disabilities will be communicated as they are released to employees.
- Aldo will ensure that any employee who requires accessible formats or communications supports in respect of information that is needed to perform his or her job, or informationthat is generally available to employees, is provided. Aldo will consult with the employeemaking the request in determining the suitability of the accessible format orcommunication support being provided.
- Aldo has and will ask employees for information about the disability supports that may be required in the event of an emergency. Aldo will work with each employee who respondsto its request for information in order to develop an individualized workplace emergencyresponse plan.
- New employees will be asked whether they require assistance in the event of an emergency, in which case an individualized workplace emergency response plan will alsobe prepared in consultation with that employee.
- Individualized workplace emergency response plans will be updated as required and within thirty days of: (a) the employee moving to a different location in the organization; (b)a review of the employee's overall accommodation needs or plans; or (c) when Aldoreviews its general emergency response policies.
- Aldo will develop individual accommodation plans for employees with disabilities. It will do so after canvassing with its employees whether an employee has a disability requiringaccommodation and taking into account the criteria required by the EmploymentStandards of the Integrated Accessibility Standards. The individual accommodation planswill be developed in consultation with the employee requiring the plan, where appropriate.
- Aldo will develop and implement a return to work process for its employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and who require disability-relatedaccommodation in order to return to work. This process, and the individualaccommodations required for the employee at issue, will be documented.
- The documented process will outline the steps to be taken by Aldo to facilitate the return to work of its employee and will incorporate the use of the individual accommodation plansdeveloped pursuant to the Integrated Accessibility Standards.
- Aldo will take into account whether a disability has affected the performance of an employee who is subject to performance management. An employee's individualaccommodation plan will be referred to, if applicable, during the disciplinary process.
- Aldo shall ensure that persons with disabilities have equal access to career development and advancement. An employee's individual accommodation plan will be referred to, ifapplicable, during the career development and advancement process.
- Prior to redeploying an employee, Aldo shall take into account the needs of any persons with disabilities. An employee's individual accommodation plan will be referred to, ifapplicable, during the redeployment process.
- Identify and review any potential accessibility barriers and initiate a plan to address.
By January 1, 2014 and on an ongoing basis thereafter, Aldo will consider the accessibility ofelectronic terminals when designing, procuring or acquiring self-service kiosks includingpoint-of-sale devices. Aldo will consider the various needs of persons with disabilities prior tomaking any decisions regarding the purchase, implementation and use of self-service kiosks.
Aldo will meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building ormaking major modifications to public spaces, including but not limited to service counters, fixedqueuing lines, and waiting areas, as well as accessible off-street parking.
- Be at a height such that it is usable seated in a mobility aid;
- Have sufficient knee clearance for a person seated in a mobility aid; and
- Have sufficient floor space in front of the counter to accommodate a mobility aid.
- Aldo associates will monitor the accessible elements that are present in their orespective workplaces on an ongoing basis.
- Should maintenance be required with respect to an accessible element, the oassociates in that workplace will inform Aldo’s maintenance team through the maintenance platform. Aldo’s maintenance team will investigate the matter and make arrangements to carry out any required maintenance or upkeep.
- Where maintenance or upkeep is being carried out and there is a temporary odisruption of the accessible element, the procedures for dealing with temporary disruptions will be followed as set out below.
- Aldo will identify available alternatives.
- Aldo will post a notice on its website and/or at the physical site (as appropriate) owhich will include information regarding the reason for the disruption of the accessible element, the anticipated duration of the disruption and the list of alternatives, if available.
- These steps will be taken in advance of any planned temporary disruption or, in the oevent of an unplanned temporary disruption, as soon as reasonably practicable.
In the event of a service disruption, Aldo will post a notice on its website and/or at the physicalsite (as appropriate) which will include information regarding the reason for the disruption, theanticipated duration of the service disruption and a list of alternatives, if available
For more information on this accessibility plan, Please contact our Human Resource department at:
Phone: (514) 747-2536